JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
BRANCH NAME: Ferguson Financial Planning, An independent branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd.
BRANCH LOCATION: Mississauga, ON
POSTING DATE: January 31, 2024
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Mississauga, and support 4 Financial Advisors. This role is for the Ferguson Financial Planning team of Assante Capital Management.
- Scheduling and confirming all client appointments.
- Prepare for client appointments. This entails producing client statements, retrieving data from internal and external sources (i.e. back office and mutual fund companies). Creating and/or updating charts and spreadsheets, and working with the financial advisors to complete customized reports.
- Manage the client database, such as entering notes for all client meetings, and any changes to client’s situations.
- Schedule appointments and meetings; organize agendas and managing calendars for all Advisors, and booking boardrooms or other resources as required.
- Conduct miscellaneous filing.
- Update electronic files into data base.
- Provide support for processing mutual fund or stock transactions.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in the mutual fund &/or financial planning industry.
- Post-secondary education required.
- An understanding of mutual funds and investment products.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure, while paying attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using software a must, such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint).
- Experience with client database and financial planning software.
- Strong analytical, administrative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and positive attitude.
- A proven ability to interact well in a team environment, and display professionalism in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Please note this position is a support role only, and is not a Financial Planning or Financial Advisor role.
Ferguson Financial Planning, an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd., welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at fergusonfinancialplanning.com.
Please apply with your current resume and a cover letter to:
Amber Malik: AMalik@assante.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visitto learn more about who we are and what we do.