JOB TITLE: Financial Planner
BRANCH NAME: Assante Vancouver Centre, an independent branch of Assante Financial Management Ltd
BRANCH LOCATION: Vanvouver, BC
POSTING DATE: July 7, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Ongoing
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Assante Vancouver Centre branch is a premier wealth management firm with its office in downtown Vancouver. With over 20 years in operation and 10 practices encompassing 75 people, our AVC branch places strong emphasis on delivering top quality client service. There are opportunities for continued learning amongst peers. Joining our firm, you will quickly see why everyone has said they are with their forever work family!
One of our highly successful and established practices is growing and looking to add to their client relationship team. They are looking to bring on an experienced Planner to join a team of three other Planners in servicing their clients. This is a tremendous opportunity for a career-oriented person looking to join a full-service financial planning practice that focuses on assisting clients through major life changes such as Retirement, Divorce, Disability and Death.
If your career objective is to push your financial career forward whilst settling yourself down within a close-knit team, please reach out as we have the role for you!
- Play an integral role, within a team, to provide a seamless client service experience
- Attend client and prospective client meetings
- Assist with referral generation, through professional, personal and client opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of financial plans, portfolio and insurance/ income tax reviews
- Assist with tax preparation for clients
- Ensure completion of all required materials and tasks before, during and after client meetings with support from the administrative team
- Liaise and assist with our client’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, and bankers, as needed
- Attend client, networking, or industry events
- Minimum of ten years of related work experience in financial services, ideally 5 years in a client servicing role
- Established client book will be considered for amalgamation into practice, please share in your application if this is applicable
- Preference to someone with a tax background
- Working knowledge of investment and insurance products
- Financial Planning designation (CFP, RFP, PFP or CIM), successfully completed
- Mutual Fund license, either active or ability to be licensed
- BC Life Insurance license or desire to obtain
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Preference will be given to applicants with a tax background, experience in a client-facing role and detailed knowledge of financial planning principles.
- A highly motivated individual with a willingness to learn and be mentored by others
- High interest in career development and taking on more advanced advisory responsibilities
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask, maintain a high level of accuracy and demonstrate attention to detail
- Understanding of back-office procedures and compliance in a MFDA environment
- Strong computer and technical skills in a Windows/PC environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Salesforce
Assante Vancouver Centre, an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Financial Management Ltd. welcomes and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Please apply with your current resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit Why Assante to learn more about who we are and what we do.