Financial Services Associate
JOB TITLE: Financial Services Associate
BRANCH NAME: Assante Orillia, an independent branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd
BRANCH LOCATION: Orillia, ON
POSTING DATE: July 7, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: When Filled
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
Our financial planning practice is seeking a Financial Services Associate to join our team in the ‘Sunshine City’ of Orillia. We are searching for a candidate that can leverage their existing financial services background and interpersonal skills to enhance the client experience throughout their financial planning journey. The Financial Services Associate position will work closely with the Senior Financial Planner to manage Advisor’s book of business
To be successful, the candidate will need to successfully collaborate with Advisors, clients, and centers of influence to complete the various tasks and duties related to the financial planning process. This position requires someone that is detail-oriented, with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing tasks.
- Assist Financial Advisors in the servicing of existing clients and the onboarding of new clients
- Engage with clients on a regular basis by phone or email
- Respond to client requests in an efficient manner
- Execute and ensure settlement of client trades in accordance with the Advisor or client’s instructions.
- Assist the Advisors in preparing documents including new account applications, client review materials, and correspondence.
- Accurately and efficiently processing client forms, including follow-up as needed.
- Liaise and assist with various stakeholders, including 3rd party lawyers and accountants.
- Maintain working knowledge of securities and mutual funds, as well as the investment industry in general.
- 5+ years of relevant financial services experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of Goldmine, Salesforce, Box Drive, and/or Docusign is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance environment is considered an asset
- CSC course certified; IIROC licensed is considered an asset
- Insurance License is considered an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer Service Oriented – strong desire to go above and beyond for clients to enhance their experience.
- Organization – ability to handle concurrent tasks effectively, while maintaining lines of communication with advisors or clients
- Organization – a system for following up on requests to advisors, clients, or COIs that are not immediately responded to or have multiple steps to completion.
- Prioritization – effectively prioritize urgent or time sensitive tasks
- Communication – effective communication with advisors and clients to inform them of the status of their requests
- Communication – effectively answer client questions or delegate to the advisors if needed
- Proactive – use technology and/or dashboards to identify client tasks that will need to be completed (i.e., service reviews, client updates, proactive communication etc.)
Assante Orillia, an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd. welcomes and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Please apply with your current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit Why Assante to learn more about who we are and what we do.