Associate Financial Advisor
JOB TITLE: Associate Financial Advisor
BRANCH NAME: An independent branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd.
BRANCH LOCATION: Thornhill, ON
POSTING DATE: December 22, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2022
HOURS PER WEEK: N/A
CONTACT: ([email protected])
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Financial Services industry and receive training by a successful advisory office in Canada. The candidate needed is a self-starter with the drive to succeed and impress. This person has excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and is detail-oriented. It is preferred that they have industry knowledge, and are familiar with Salesforce (database system). The candidate is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The person with a natural ability to research issues and follow through to bring closure to them will work well in this position.
- Meeting Preparation – including, but not limited to, internal Rates of Return, updating Team Desk, running statements, researching and preparation of clients' agendas
- Execute trades (mutual funds, stocks, ETFs, bonds, etc.)
- Request and review reports (Daily Order Entry, Daily Trade Blotters)
- Reconcile bank deposits
- Prepare client paperwork as required
- Provide exceptional client service to our clients by phone and/or in-person
- Support and assist advisors with inquiries
- Meet and sign up prospects who are becoming new clients
- Maintain high service standards according to compliance regulations
- New account documentation
- Transfer reconciliations
- Frequently assigned to changing priorities
In addition, there are Seasonal/Special Projects that this person would be required to work on for the Service Dept., such as account maturities, RRIF rollovers, tax packages, capital gain/loss reports, small LIRA/LIF account unlocking, review of RESP information, cash balance review, etc.
- Must have previous industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Familiar with Salesforce database system
- Knowledge of industry back-office practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- PC proficient, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Math skills
- Punctual, meticulous, and reliable
- University degree or College diploma
- Financial related degree/education would be beneficial
- Fully IIROC licensed (Completion of CSC and CPH)
As an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Please apply with your current resume to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visitto learn more about who we are and what we do.