JOB TITLE: Financial Advisor
BRANCH NAME: The McClelland Financial Group (TMFG), an independent branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd.
BRANCH LOCATION: Thornhill, ON
POSTING DATE: December 22, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Financial Services industry and receive training by one of Canada's top advisory offices. Do you have a passion for finance and investing? Are you looking for a challenging role as an integral part of a wealth management practice? If this is you, we invite you to apply for our full-time Advisor role at our Thornhill office.
A Financial Advisor supports the firm’s Financial Advisory Team (Certified Financial Planners®) so the advisors are more efficient and focused on business development and professional responsibilities. Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and support advisors in pre-client-meeting preparation and post-client-meeting processing
- Meet and call prospective clients, transcribe notes relative to action items, tasks, and decisions made during appointments
- Recruit and solicit clients
- Assess clients' needs and goals
- Recommend strategies
- Identify new opportunities
- Monitor accounts and follow up with action items from client meetings
- Schedule client appointments
- Assist other advisors in their meetings
- Input data from Naviplan (Financial Planning software)
- Be able to maintain a flexible weekly work schedule, which will include working evenings as needed and may include an occasional weekend day
- Naviplan & Salesforce experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong typing and note-taking skills, including being able to transcribe client meeting notes efficiently and accurately
- Passionate commitment to helping our clients
- Advanced level computer skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Strong math, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong planning, time management, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Comfort with being a "team player" and doing whatever is needed, big or small
- Able to manage and get along with diverse personalities
- Attention to detail with a perfectionist’s eye
- A drive to succeed and impress by showing initiative
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or Post-Secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licensed professional (Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct & Practice Handbook (CPH), and Registered Representative (RR) licensing) or ability to be licensed within 6 months
The McClelland Financial Group (TMFG), an independent branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Please apply with your current resume to: SChea@assante.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visitto learn more about who we are and what we do.