Beware Of Fraudulent Job Postings
CI has been made aware of the existence of fraudulent job postings and recruitment messages claiming to come from our organization. In many cases these postings/messages look quite official and are authored by people falsely indicating that they work for us. However, the postings are not legitimate and may be attempts to unlawfully access your financial or personal information.
To help differentiate between legitimate CI postings and potentially fraudulent postings, please note that:
- The CI Human Resources team manages recruitment and hiring for CI Financial and most of our wholly owned subsidiaries (i.e., CI Investments, Assante Wealth Management – for non-advisor positions, BBS Securities and First Asset), with the only exceptions being Stonegate Private Counsel and Grant Samuel. All CI job opportunities, excluding the noted exceptions, are posted on the Careers page of our website and may also be posted on established media and high-profile job boards.
- Our career opportunities always prominently feature the CI Financial brand and, where applicable, will identify the subsidiary or related investment management brand within. Investment brand names like Sentry Investments (now legally known as Sentry Investment Management) will never serve as the primary brand on a posting, nor will a representative sharing the opportunity identify themselves as an employee of that brand.
- Under no circumstances will the CI Financial group of companies charge you a fee during the recruitment or hiring process.
Here are some signs to help you recognize a potentially fraudulent job posting/message:
- You are asked to send money as part of the recruitment process.
- You are asked to send your personal or financial account information via email.
- The prospective employer asks you to cash cheques for them, or transfer funds to them.
- You are asked to send your resume to a free email address (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo).
- The posting or message has multiple spelling errors and/or poor grammar.
Please take care in your job search.