2. Material to be Consulted in its Entirety. All materials on this website are meant to be reviewed in their entirety, including any footnotes, legal disclaimers, restrictions or disclosures, and any copyright or proprietary notices. Any disclaimers, restrictions, or disclosures apply to any partial document or material in the same manner as they do the whole, and will be deemed incorporated in the portion of any material or document that you consult or download.
3. No Advice. Information provided on this website (the “Information”) is intended for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment, financial, legal, tax or accounting advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. Many factors unknown to CI may affect the applicability of any statement or comment made on this website to your particular circumstances. You should not rely on the Information for investment, financial, legal, tax or accounting advice. You should directly consult your financial professional or other advisors before acting on any Information. Information on this website is being provided with the understanding that CI is not acting in a fiduciary capacity.
4. No Offer or Solicitation. Neither this website nor the Information (or the Information contained on a website linked to this website) constitutes an offer or solicitation by CI to buy or sell any securities.
5. Waiver of Liability. Under no circumstances will CI be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or any other damages whatsoever, arising out of or relating to the use of, misuse of or inability to use this website (or a website linked to this website), or any action or decision made by you in reliance on this website or the Information contained herein, or any errors in or omissions from this website or the Information contained herein. Without limiting the foregoing, CI will not be responsible or liable for any loss of revenue, profit or prospective economic advantage resulting from the use of, misuse of or inability to use this website (or a website linked to this website) or any action or decision made by you in reliance on this website or the Information, or any errors in or omissions from this website or the Information, even if advised of the possibility of such damages or such damages are reasonably foreseeable.
6. No Representation, Warranty or Condition. CI does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, quality, adequacy, timeliness or use of any Information. All Information is provided “as is” without representation, warranty or condition of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory. You are responsible for evaluating the accuracy, completeness, quality, adequacy, timeliness and use of any Information.
7. No Duty to Update. Information provided on this website is believed to be reliable and accurate at the time it is posted. However, CI does not guarantee that the Information is accurate, complete or current at all times. CI does not undertake to advise you of any change in the reported Information or in the opinions herein.
8. No Endorsement of Third Party or its Website. No endorsement or approval of any third party or its advice, opinions, information, products or services, either by way of listing such third party on this website or by way of a link to other websites or otherwise, is expressed or implied by this website or any Information. Your use of the linked third party websites may be subject to terms and conditions contained in those websites, which you should locate and carefully review.
9. Hyperlinks. Sites accessed by hyperlink appearing in this website have been independently developed by parties other than CI and CI is not responsible for, and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning, the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. It is your responsibility to verify any Information contained within the links before relying on it. Also, the Information contained in the links may be changed or updated at any time without notice.
10. Damage. CI assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of you accessing, using, browsing or downloading of any materials, data, text, or images from this website.
11. Copyright. You should assume that everything you see or read on the website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted. Users of CI’s website shall only be entitled to copy material for their own personal use provided that you do not modify the content and that you display all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content. You may download site content for your activities as a financial advisor provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.Users may not republish nor reproduce any substantial part of the website in any manner whatsoever, including electronically reproducing the material by “uploading”, “downloading” or accessing the material on to the Internet or any other local or international computer system, without the prior written permission of CI. An acknowledgment of the source must be included whenever CI material is copied or published. If you require further information on a permitted use or license to reproduce or republish any material, address your inquiry to the Marketing Department, CI Investments Inc., 2 Queen Street East, 20th Floor Toronto, ON M5C 3G7. Any infringement of CI’s rights will result in appropriate legal action. CI disclaims any and all liability for any consequences which may result from any unauthorized reproduction or use of this website whatsoever.You may not modify copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or commercially exploit in any way any site content, including code and software. Unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, storage in any medium, copying, redistribution, or republication for any purpose is strictly prohibited without the written permission of CI.You should assume that everything you see or read on the website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted. Users of CI’s website shall only be entitled to copy material for their own personal use provided that you do not modify the content and that you display all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content. You may download site content for your activities as a financial advisor provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
12. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and other names, logos and icons identifying products and services (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the website, are registered and unregistered Trademarks of CI and others.
13. Use of Intellectual Property Rights. CI either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text images, audio clips, video clips, software and other content that is made available to you on our website, or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such content to use the content on our website.
CI grants you a non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited and revocable right to display on your computer, print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, images, audio clips, video clips, software and other content that is made available to you on our website for your personal, educational and non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify any such content and you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice and this intellectual property notice. No other use is permitted.
You may not publicly perform, publicly display, transmit, publish, participate in the sale or transfer of, modify, or create derivative works based on anything available through the website, in whole or in part. You are prohibited from storing electronically any significant portion of any part of the website. No reverse engineering, linking, framing, or modification of any part of this website is allowed without our written approval. Any modification or unauthorized use is a violation of CI’s intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights.
15. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CI, its subsidiaries and affiliates and their officers, employees, directors, agents, and content providers from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, or other expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that arise directly or indirectly out of or from your activities in connection with the website or the Information, including without limitation any breach of these terms (including without limitation any representation or warranty made by you in these terms).
16. Forward-Looking Statements. This website contains forward-looking statements concerning anticipated future events, results, circumstances, performance or expectations with respect to CI Financial Corp. (“CI”) and its products and services, including its business operations, strategy and financial performance and condition. Forward-looking statements are typically identified by words such as “believe”, “expect”, “foresee”, “forecast”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “estimate”, “goal”, “plan” and “project” and similar references to future periods, or conditional verbs such as “will”, “may”, “should”, “could” or “would”. These statements are not historical facts but instead represent management beliefs regarding future events, many of which by their nature are inherently uncertain and beyond management’s control. Although management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements involve risks and uncertainties. The material factors and assumptions applied in reaching the conclusions contained in these forward-looking statements include that the investment fund industry will remain stable and that interest rates will remain relatively stable. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations include, among other things, general economic and market conditions, including interest and foreign exchange rates, global financial markets, changes in government regulations or in tax laws, industry competition, technological developments and other factors described or discussed in CI’s disclosure materials filed with applicable securities regulatory authorities from time to time. The foregoing list is not exhaustive and the reader is cautioned to consider these and other factors carefully and not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Other than as specifically required by applicable law, CI undertakes no obligation to update or alter any forward-looking statement after the date on which it is made, whether to reflect new information, future events or otherwise.
17. Jurisdiction. This web site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. All disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or in connection with the web site shall be submitted to and be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You submit and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario to finally adjudicate or determine any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with the web site.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (IASR), the second standard to become law under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, came into effect in July of 2011 and requires phased in dates to comply with:
- Transportation; and
- Information & Communications.
CI’s multi-year plan outlines our approach to building an inclusive environment for all employees and the general public.
For additional ease of use formats please contact:
Client Services 1-800-792-9355
Last updated: December 2017