We collect information directly from you or from your authorized representative(s), such as your financial advisor or their dealership. Depending on how you do business with us, this information may be collected on applications, forms, over the phone, in person, through the internet, through your mobile device or through other forms of communication. We also collect information about you indirectly where permitted by law. We limit the collection of information to what is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the information is collected.
The information we collect includes,
- Contact Information, including name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Date of birth to help us identify and authenticate you
- Social Insurance Number (SIN), as required to comply with Canada Revenue Agency’s reporting requirements. We also use your SIN as a unique file number because it is necessary to keep your information separate from that of other clients with a similar name
- Financial Information including bank account information to facilitate deposits and withdrawals from your account with us. When required we also use your financial information including your assets and liabilities, income and investment holdings to ensure that products, services, and advice we provide are appropriate for you and the investments you make are suitable for you.
- Employment Information to open accounts and in order to comply with anti-money laundering and other regulations
- Audio Recordings, we monitor or record incoming or outgoing telephone calls with you to ensure accuracy, security, service quality, for training purposes, and to establish a record. If you do not wish to have your call recorded, you have other options to conduct business with us, such as in person, online, or by communicating with us in writing
- Email Information, when you send us an email or ask us to respond to you by email, we learn your exact email address and any information included in the email. We use your email address to reply to you and we will store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. IMPORTANT: We will not ask you to provide personal information or login information, such as username, passwords, PINs, security question and answers or account numbers, through unsolicited email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us that you believe to be fraudulent, do not respond and do not open or click any links or open attachments contained in the email. Please notify us immediately and then delete the email.