1. Governing Laws
All terms, conditions and agreements shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, applicable therein.
All information in this website is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and/or other applicable countries. No one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish, in any form, any information found in the pages of this website for commercial purposes.
3. Market Data
The market data displayed on CIIS website is provided by a third-party and is delayed for 15-20 minutes. CIIS shall not be responsible or liable for any errors or delays in contents, or for any action taken in reliance thereon.
4. Internet Security
The internet security guarantee (“Guarantee”) is subject to the following restrictions, limitations, and client meeting responsibilities.
The Guarantee does not apply, if, deliberately or inadvertently:
- you fail to follow your customer responsibilities as noted below (Client Responsibilities);
- you fail to promptly alert CIIS about the unauthorized activity by calling 416.235.0200;
- you have allowed or enabled access to your email account used for correspondence with CIIS;
- you have allowed or enabled access to your sensitive personal information (e.g. SIN) that may be used to impersonate you to CIIS;
- the disputed activity has been performed or initiated by an individual with whom you have shared your account access information or to whom you have granted trading authority or a power of attorney over your account(s);
- you refuse to co-operate fully with CIIS during the course of any consequential investigation. The full cooperation may include, but is not limited to, answering questions from CIIS and law enforcement authorities, access to your personal computer or other access devices, filing a police report, and completing notarized affidavit regarding the unauthorized activity; and
- you refuse to sign a release, as a condition of reimbursement.
- The guarantee does not cover any tax consequences, your legal fees and expenses, consequential lost opportunity or non-monetary damages.
- The type and amount of reimbursements is determined solely by CIIS, and may include in-kind replacement of taken securities.
- You may not assign your rights under the guarantee to any other individual or party.
- CIIS may take legal action and seek full restitution for reimbursements made under this guarantee against any individual or entity that committed or is suspected of committing the unauthorized activity.
You are responsible for keeping your CIIS account details and access information confidential. You must take the following measures to help protect yourself from fraud, especially when using the internet.
- Frequently review your CIIS account holdings and transaction history.
- Promptly review and reply to any CIIS correspondence with you regarding unauthorized activity.
- Keep your account access information protected and confidential at all times.
- Protect your computer with up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
- Install a firewall.
- Protect your internet connection, especially when using a wireless network.
- Ensure your browser and operating systems are up-to-date, including installation of security patches as soon as they become available.
- Avoid using public computers.
- Protect yourself from online fraud.
In addition, you must not, deliberately or inadvertently, share or disclose (i) account access information and (ii) your sensitive personal information (e.g. SIN) that may be used to impersonate you to CIIS.
Last updated on March 16, 2017