Wealth Advisor and Financial Planner
JOB TITLE: Wealth Advisor and Financial Planner
BRANCH NAME: Uptown Financial Group, an independent branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd
BRANCH LOCATION: North York, ON
POSTING DATE: June 28, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: When Filled
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
CONTACT: ([email protected])
An established and growing financial planning practice seeking a senior and experienced professional to join the team. This is a tremendous opportunity for a career-oriented individual who wishes to leverage their existing financial experience and grow within our branch. The primary purpose is to work closely and partner with an Advisor and Branch Owner in the management and growth of the existing book of business. This would include identifying and executing wealth planning initiatives related to tax, insurance, and estate planning strategies.
To be successful, the candidate will need to work collaboratively with Branch Advisors to advise clients in wealth management, insurance and estate planning. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Assist with servicing existing and acquiring new book of business.
- Execute and ensure proper settlement of client trades in accordance with Investment Advisor’s instructions
- Assist in the preparation of portfolio and insurance reviews
- Assist in the preparation of Financial & Estate Plans
- Liaise and assist with client’s other professional advisors, including 3rd party lawyers and accountants
- Engage with clients on a regular basis, by phone and email, to provide excellent client service
- Create and maintain digital branch and client management records
- Execution of marketing and business development initiatives
- Maintain up to date knowledge of securities, mutual funds, and insurance industry
- Prepare simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses
- Minimum 5-10 years of related work experience in financial services: including client service
- Financial Planning designation (CFP, RFP, PFP, CIM): successfully completed or in progress
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA): achieved or a strong individual and business tax knowledge
- IIROC certified or in progress
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong and professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly motivated, team-oriented individual with a positive attitude
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of the following tools is considered an asset: Box, Salesforce, DocuSign, Smartdocs, Profile Tax software, Snap Projections Financial Planning Software or similar
Uptown Financial Group, an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd. welcomes and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Please apply with your current resume to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visitto learn more about who we are and what we do.