JOB TITLE: Financial Planner
BRANCH NAME: Assante Vancouver Centre, an independent branch of Assante Financial Management Ltd.
BRANCH LOCATION: Downtown Vancouver and Surrey Panorama Ridge; ability to travel to both offices
POSTING DATE: May 1, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 15, 2022, 2022
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hours
Assante Vancouver Centre branch is a premier wealth management firm with offices in downtown Vancouver and Surrey. With over 30 years in the industry, our branch offers our clients a personalized and comprehensive planning experience.
One of our highly successful and professional practice teams Legacy Family Office is expanding and looking to add to both their Surrey and Vancouver office. They are looking to bring on two experienced Planners to work alongside their five Planners in servicing their clients. This is a tremendous opportunity for a career-oriented person in the financial services industry looking to join a full-service financial planning practice that focuses on multi-generational family businesses, tax strategies and wealth management. These roles also provides an opportunity for future partnership within the team. The successful candidates will be mentored to help develop more advanced advisory skills, with the goal of taking on the primary client-facing role in the future. Preference will be given to applicants with either a client servicing or tax background in addition to a high knowledge of financial planning.
Tasks may include but are not limited to the following
- Play an integral role as part of a team with the Financial Planners and administrators providing a seamless client service experience
- Attend client and prospect meetings with Sr. financial planners and independently
- Assist with referral generation, through professional, personal and client opportunities
- Engage clients on a regular basis by handling incoming and outgoing correspondence to provide client service & support
- Assist in the preparation of financial plans, portfolio and insurance reviews and income tax review ready for client presentation
- Ensure completion of all required materials and tasks before, during and after client meetings
- Liaise with the Administration team for form preparation, statement requests and other administrative requirements
- Liaise and assist with our client’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants and bankers
- Active member of the Team’s Business Committees (Finance, Marketing, Sales, Management)
- Attend client, networking or industry events
- Minimum of ten years of related work experience in financial services, ideally 5 years in a client servicing role
- Preference given to someone who worked in wealth management
- Preference to someone with an accounting designation or tax background
- Working knowledge of investment and insurance products
- A highly-motivated individual with a willingness to learn through practical, technical and educational formats
- High interest in career development and taking on more advisory responsibilities as the opportunity arises
- Strong and professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize high urgency/sensitive items
- Ability to obtain a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail
- Team oriented – Helpful, encouraging and supportive personality
- Understanding of back office procedures and compliance in a MFDA environment
- Strong computer and technical skills in a Windows/PC environment
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and SalesForce
- Financial Planning designation (CFP, RFP, PFP, CIM) successfully completed or in progress
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) achieved or a strong individual and business tax knowledge
- Mutual Fund active license or ability to be licensed
- BC Life Insurance license or desire to obtain .
These are both full-time positions with a competitive compensation and benefits package. The job openings are immediate.
Assante Vancouver Centre, an independent branch of Assante Financial Management Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Please apply with your current resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visitto learn more about who we are and what we do.