Financial Services Associate
JOB TITLE: Financial Services Associate
BRANCH NAME: Uptown Financial Group, an independent branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd
BRANCH LOCATION: North York, ON
POSTING DATE: June 16, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: When Filled
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
CONTACT: ([email protected])
An established and growing financial planning practice is seeking a Financial Services Associate to join our team. This is an opportunity for a career-oriented individual who wishes to leverage their existing financial background and grow their transferable skills within our branch. The incumbent will work closely with an Advisor in the management of the Advisor’s book of business by providing effective client service and executing business development and other sales related activities.
To be successful, the candidate will need to collaborate with Advisors, clients, and various other stakeholders. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize effectively and a passion for delivering outstanding client service.
- Assist financial advisors with the servicing of new and existing client accounts
- Engage with clients on a regular basis by phone and email to provide excellent client service on behalf of the branch
- Execute and ensure proper settlement of client trades in accordance with Investment Advisor’s instructions
- Assist the advisors in preparing accurate documentation including new account applications, client review material, presentations, correspondence, and various summary reports
- Assist in the preparation of client portfolio and insurance reviews
- Liaise and assist with various stakeholders, including 3rd party lawyers and accountants
- Manage and maintain digital branch and client management records
- Execute various marketing and business development initiatives, such as Market update newsletters
- Maintain up to date knowledge of securities, mutual funds, and insurance industry
- Prepare simple to complex tax returns for individuals (training can be provided)
- Post-secondary education in Business or Finance is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant financial/business/customer service experience
- Working knowledge of investment products and plans is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Box, Salesforce, DocuSign, Tax Software is considered an asset.
- CSC course certified
- Additional financial courses, credits/or licensing within the financial services industry is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prioritization - Ability to take direction and work concurrently with various stakeholders.
- Prioritization - Ability to determine priorities and communicate anticipated completion times.
- Communication - Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Client service focus – Maintains a professional and client service-driven approach, going above and beyond for our clients
- Proactive – Actively takes on responsibilities
- Team oriented – Helpful, encouraging, and supportive. Focusing on collaboration and team success
- Precision - Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
Uptown Financial Group., an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd. and Assante Financial Management Ltd. welcomes and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Please apply with your current resume to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visitto learn more about who we are and what we do.