The Year-End Statement and tax receipt mailing schedule is outlined below for your reference. Please note that the dates provided are subject to change. For additional information regarding the mailing schedule, please contact CI Client Services at 1-800-792-9355.
Where applicable, we expect to complete most Year-End Statement mailing to clients by the last week of January 2022.
|Slip Type||Mailing Deadline|
|Remainder of Year 2021 Contribution Receipts||Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, tax receipt mailings will be completed by February 25, 2022.
T3 / Relevé 16
|Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, T3 and Relevé 16 mailings will be completed by February 25, 2022.
T3 / Relevé 16
|Mailed by March 11, 2022|
|1st 60-Days RRSP Contribution Receipts|
- purchases made from January 1 to January 28, 2022
- purchases made from January 31 to February 11, 2022
- purchases made from February 14 to March 1, 2022
- Mailed by February 10, 2022
- Mailed by February 18, 2022
- Mailed daily
|T4RSP / T4RIF / NR4 / Relevé 2||Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, T4 mailings will be completed by February 25, 2022.
T4A / Relevé 1
|T4A mailings will be completed by February 25, 2022.|
|T5008 / Relevé 18||Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, T5008 and Relevé 18 mailings will be completed by February 25, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why haven’t I received a statement yet?
You may not receive a statement for several reasons:
- Most account documents are being delivered to investors exclusively through IOL. Unless otherwise required, statements for mutual funds will not be delivered by mail.
- CI does not produce a statement for many accounts held in Nominee name with the exception of Segregated Fund Policies. You will likely be receiving a statement produced by your Nominee that will report all of your investments, not just your holdings with CI.
- If your address has changed and we have received returned mail for your account, your address status may be inactive. Consequently, a statement will not be produced. Please contact CI Client Services to update your mailing address.
- If you are the contributor on a Spousal account, you will not receive a statement. The statement will be issued to your spouse, as he or she is the account annuitant.
2. I received a statement, but my tax documents were not included. Where are my tax documents?
- If you have a non-registered plan that holds segregated funds, you will be receiving your T3 or Relevé 16 (residents of Québec only) tax slips in a separate mailing. All segregated fund T3 or Relevé 16 tax slips will be mailed by mid-March.
- If you have a registered plan held in Nominee name, your Nominee may have produced your tax receipts.
- If you have a non-registered mutual fund plan held in Nominee name, your Nominee may have produced your statement. CI Investments will mail your T3 or Relevé 16 tax receipts to you by February 25, 2022.
- If you are an InvestorOnline client and opted to access your tax receipt online, you will not receive a tax receipt by mail.
3. I have more than one CI account. Why did I only receive one mailing?
In an effort to minimize the number of mailings to our investors, CI encloses multiple statements in one envelope. However, there are some circumstances that will result in more than one statement mailing:
- If you are receiving a PIM, CI Private Wealth, Portfolio Select Series, or G5|20 statement, it will be mailed separately from the mutual fund statements.
- A statement issued on an In Trust For account or a Joint account will be mailed separately from any account statements registered solely in your name.
- Segregated fund statements will be mailed separately from mutual fund statements.
4. Why does my T5008/RL-18 slip look different from last year?
Revenue Québec (MRQ) has mandated a specific format for T5008/Relevé 18 tax slips beginning for the 2021 tax year.
Quebec clients who receive a 2021 T5008/Relevé 18 slip from CI Global Asset Management will notice an updated layout from previous years. This new layout does not provide account level totals for Quantity of Units (box 16), Book Value (box 20), and Proceeds of Disposition (box 21). Instead, these totals will be provided at the fund level in the Summary section of the slip.
This change only affects clients who reside in Quebec.