For the Evolution and Optima Year-End Statement and Tax Receipt Mailing Schedule, CLICK HERE.
The Year-End Statement and tax receipt mailing schedule is outlined below for your reference. Please note that the dates provided are subject to change. For additional information regarding the mailing schedule, please contact CI Client Services at 1-800-792-9355.
Where applicable, we expect to complete most Year-End Statement mailing to clients by the last week of February 2021.
|Slip Type||Mailing Deadline|
|Remainder of Year 2020 Contribution Receipts||Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, tax receipt mailings will be completed by February 5, 2021
T3 / Relevé 16
|Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, T3 and Relevé 16 mailings will be completed by February 5, 2021
T3 / Relevé 16
|Mailed by March 5, 2021|
|1st 60-Days RRSP Contribution Receipts|
- purchases made from January 2 to January 31, 2021
- purchases made from February 1 to February 12, 2021
- purchases made from February 15 to March 1, 2021
- Mailed by February 5, 2021
- Mailed weekly
- Mailed daily
|T4RSP / T4RIF / NR4 / Relevé 2||Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, T4 mailings will be completed by February 5, 2021
T4A / Relevé 1
|T4A mailings will be completed by February 5, 2021|
|T5008 / Relevé 18||Included with the Year-End Statement.|
Where no statement is produced, T5008 and Relevé 18 mailings will be completed by February 5, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why haven’t I received a statement yet?
You may not receive a statement for several reasons:
- As of September 1, 2020 most account documents are being delivered to investors exclusively through IOL. Unless otherwise required, statements for mutual funds will not be delivered by mail.
- CI does not produce a statement for many accounts held in Nominee name with the exception of Segregated Fund Policies. You will likely be receiving a statement produced by your Nominee that will report all of your investments, not just your holdings with CI.
- If your address has changed and we have received returned mail for your account, your address status may be inactive. Consequently, a statement will not be produced. Please contact CI Client Services to update your mailing address.
- If you are the contributor on a Spousal account, you will not receive a statement. The statement will be issued to your spouse, as he or she is the account annuitant.
2. I received a statement, but my tax documents were not included. Where are my tax documents?
- If you have a non-registered plan that holds segregated funds, you will be receiving your T3 or Relevé 16 (residents of Québec only) tax slips in a separate mailing. All segregated fund T3 or Relevé 16 tax slips will be mailed by mid-March.
- If you have a registered plan held in Nominee name, your Nominee may have produced your tax receipts.
- If you have a non-registered mutual fund plan held in Nominee name, your Nominee may have produced your statement. CI Investments will mail your T3 or Relevé 16 tax receipts to you by February 5, 2021.
- If you are an InvestorOnline client and opted to access your tax receipt online, you will not receive a tax receipt by mail.
3. I have more than one CI account. Why did I only receive one mailing?
In an effort to minimize the number of mailings to our investors, CI encloses multiple statements in one envelope. However, there are some circumstances that will result in more than one statement mailing:
- If you are receiving a PIM, CI Private Wealth, Portfolio Select Series, or G5|20 statement, it will be mailed separately from the mutual fund statements.
- A statement issued on an In Trust For account or a Joint account will be mailed separately from any account statements registered solely in your name.
- Segregated fund statements will be mailed separately from mutual fund statements.